Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) professionals are facilitators who ensure that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive to completing the project successfully. The Scrum Master guides, facilitiates, and teaches Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project; clears impediments for the team; and, ensures that Scrum processes are being followed.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) certification by SCRUMstudy after passing the certification exam.
|Certification||Prerequisite Experience||Prerequisite Education||Target Audience||Cost of Exam||RCUs required for maintaining certification *||RCUs offered **||Current Pass Rate (%)***|
|SMC™||Nil||Preferably SDC™certified professional||Anyone who is interested in becoming a Scrum Master||USD
|40 Recertification units every 3 years.||40||95|
*Recertification units (RCUs) required to maintain the certification
**RCUs earned can be used towards recertification requirement for other earned VMEdu certifications. More
***Pass Rate for the SMC™ examination indicates the percentage of candidates passing the exam in the first attempt who attempted all the questions.
- Multiple choice
- 100 questions per exam
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 120 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam
- Current pass rate: 95%
This certification is appropriate for anyone who is interested in becoming a Scrum Master.
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, it is preferable to complete the Scrum Developer Certified (SDC™) certification before applying for the Scrum Master certification. It is also highly recommended to attend a 2-day SMC™ classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy approved Authorized Training Partner (A.T.P.)
How to Apply
- Register for free on SCRUMstudy.com and apply for the exam (OR) Attend a classroom training provided by SCRUMstudy Authorized Training Partner and register for free on SCRUMstudy.com.
- Apply for the exam by paying USD 450 or by using the exam voucher provided by the SCRUMstudy A.T.P. You need to submit relevant documents (if required).
- Access the online course and take the exam
- Access the online course on ‘Scrum MasterCertified’.
- Get a copy of the SBOK Guide online version.
- Schedule the two hour proctored exam.
- SCRUMstudy verifies the application: confirms the exam date and time.
- Take the two hour proctored exam online.
- Upon successful completion of the exam get an online certificate.
- Your name will be added to the SCRUMstudy Certification Registry.
- The physical certificate will be shipped to you.
- If you are unable to pass the exam, you can schedule again and take a maximum of two Free Exam Retakes.
To maintain the certification status, Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) professionals will need to earn 40 re-certification credits every 3 years.